Monday 17 December 2012

Front Cover Teacher Feedback

Drafts: 4 submitted - all quite good. Draft 4 is the best so far I think

- You need to put a graphic behind your masthead, as the 'dotty' font is nice but gets a bit lost amongst the newspaper background. Also, consider making the masthead a bit 'deeper' - as it's supposed to occupy roughly 1/5 of the page.

- Consider adding a teasing contents graphic along the bottom of your page (behind the 'the only . . .').

- Your barcode needs some work in order to make it look professional. Move it further to the right and add the date and price.

- The cover lines are in urgent need of some attention. They don't work on a slant underneath Sabrina. You might have to consider using semi-opaque graphics behind every bit of text because of the background.

My Response to Feedback:

I am willing to make improvements in order for my magazine to look better. I will change the layout around and add semi-opaque graphics behind most of the text, as I understand that it doesn't stand out because of the newspaper background. I will also make my masthead much bigger because now that I look at it from a different perspective, I can see that it's too small and doesn't stand out because of the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment