Wednesday 24 October 2012

Genre


As you can see, I have posted pictures of artists who were big in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s as the genre I have chosen to do for my music magazine is 'Classic Pop and Rock'. I personally like this kind of music and I've always wanted to read a magazine with this kind of genre, however not many are on the market, therefore my magazine will be different but also stick to the typical conventional features that most magazines have.

The images I have posted above represent classic pop and rock and they communicate their genre by their clothes and type of poses; for example, you can tell which artists represent rock as they have dark images and don't smile on their photos as they're rebellious and go against the 'normal' picture conventions. Their hair seems to be long and they try to 'look cool' in their photos - such as U2 and Nirvana (images below).
You can also tell which artists represent Pop by the way in which they pose and their clothes. For example, they tend to either smile in their photos or wear bright clothing. The lighting in the photo tends to be bright as well, whereas rock is quite dark music therefore have dark images. Some examples of artists that represented Pop in the 80s are Cyndi Lauper and Madonna (images below).

No comments:

Post a Comment