Monday 4 March 2013

Evaluation: Basic 300 Word Description


In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?


I have used continuity throughout my three products by creating a house style. I have used the same font throughout each product; the font displaying the cover lines on the front cover is used on the contents page to display the page numbers. I have also used the same colour scheme; red, white and black as it makes all three products look like they belong together. The competition on the front cover is included in the contents page with a picture to create anchorage. I used the same artist on all three products to create continuity as that way the reader knows what they are paying for. My layout on my front cover matches typical conventions of a magazine as I have included a masthead, cover lines, a bar code and a plug line. My contents page includes page numbers, a box layout and different sub headings to present each area of the magazine. My double page spread includes columns, a drop cap and pull quotes that the text wraps around in order to look conventional. The layout of my front cover challenges conventions as the selling line is along the bottom, instead of conventionally at the top. Also, I have used semi-opaque, red boxes which challenges conventions as it's different and the contrast of red with the black and white helps the magazine stand out if it was on the shelf. The artist in the magazine has the same outfit on but a different pose in all three products to show continuity and consistency. The name of the magazine 'Timeless' is displayed on the contents page in a website in order to link back to the front cover, in the same colour font. All three products include similar font, colours and pictures in order to look like the same magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment