Thursday 21 March 2013

Evaluation: Technologies

6. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

Throughout the process, I have learnt how to use Photoshop to a reasonable standard and how to improve my images to make them look professional. I am confident in using the quick selection tool to cut things out and make the model's skin look much brighter and flawless. I struggled when I first started using Photoshop as I was new to it and needed practice, which I have gotten throughout the process. When I was making my college magazine in the preliminary task, I struggled with the editing and making it look professional.








I used a similar process for my contents page image and my front cover image.

I have learnt that by using a good quality professional camera, you can take an excellent quality, clear photo which is what you need when creating a magazine. I used Photoshop to edit my photos (the process is above) and I used Microsoft Publisher to create my double page spread, so I could write my article in columns. On the front cover (image on the left) I used the quick selection tool to cut around her head, so that I could bring her forward so she's slightly covering the masthead; I found through my research that this was highly conventional of magazines. I got the masthead font and the 'kiss' stamp from a website, as I thought the font would go well with the genre and era of my magazine. I created 50% opaque red boxes around some of the text, so that the text didn't get lost with the newspaper background. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment