Thursday 21 March 2013

Evaluation: Audience

4. Who would be the audience for your media product?


My audience will be mainly young people in the D social grade, however if older people occasionally buy it, we are looking at the C social grade as older people are more likely to have a stable job. During my research, I created a questionnaire in order to find out what kind of things young people like to see in magazines. This helped me during the process of creating my magazine as I had an idea of what they'd like to see, such as album reviews and when magazines talk about great albums from the past, which at the time I thought fitted in well with the type of magazine I was wanting to create. My magazine has an informal way of addressing the audience, as I realised that if young people are my audience, they should be able to relate to the magazine; I also included a competition to win tickets to a festival, which is stereotypically what young people like to do.

I originally intended my magazine to be the 'SAFETY' level of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, as I thought that my audience would be independent however, I realised that my audience would probably be on the 'SOCIAL' level, as the majority of my audience would be young people and also some older people.
My magazine will be aimed at people who appreciate all genres and eras of music that have been produced throughout the decades. The group that my audience would go in would be the inner-directed category, as instead of listening to chart music like most teenagers they would prefer to listen to music that has been around for a longer period of time. However, they might still enjoy today’s music, but appreciate that it has evolved from music from the past.
 
Because my audience is so diverse, it shows that I have gone against conventions. I like the way that my audience is diverse, as it shows that it's different and has the ability to attract a few different audiences. The audience is mainly young people (with the median age being 24) however, older people might buy it as they would be familiar with the music. My audience would be a mixture of males and females, depending on which artist is on the front cover. If a female pop artist was on the cover, it would probably attract more females whereas if a rock band was on the cover, more males would buy it that month.

 


Here is some video feedback I received about my products.

No comments:

Post a Comment