Sunday 18 November 2012

Digital Mock-ups

This is a digital mock-up draft for the front cover of my magazine, using Google images. I'd like the image to take up the full front cover, as that's what is conventional for a magazine. I'd have the conventional masthead at the top of the cover, I'd then have the artist or band name in the middle with the main cover line underneath, which would probably be a pull quote as it would then appeal to the audience, especially if it's what they have said - if it's outrageous, then it'd make people buy the magazine. Because my magazine is classic pop and rock (from past decades) I'd have the artist or band on the front wearing clothes from that era. My magazine will include a wide variety of different bands and artists, so it has a diverse audience.


This is a digital mock-up draft for the contents page of my magazine, using Google images. I'd have the conventional 'Contents' title at the top and underneath I'd have the name of the magazine 'Classix'. I'd have a large image to the left of the main artist from the cover, with the features of the magazine next to it, with the list of the pages. At the bottom, I'd have an album review and an advertisement of the competition from the cover of the magazine. I'd have a subscription advertisement running along the bottom as well, as a form of persuasion.




This is a digital mock-up draft for the double page spread of my magazine, using Google images. My initial ideas are that I will have a large image on the left hand side and the text on the right, as that is conventional for magazine articles. The title will go on the left too, above the image and a pull quote will go lower down, as it's a persuasive message for people to read it. I will have a stand first/sub-heading at the top on the right, just before the article. The interview will go in columns on the right too with pull quotes in between some of the paragraphs.

No comments:

Post a Comment