Monday 5 November 2012

Brief Initial Ideas

Here are a few brief ideas of what I'd like my magazine to look like. I'd want a house style with simple colours, so as not to confuse the reader. In order for my magazine to appeal to both male and female, I will use appropriate colours. I'd want the name of my magazine to resemble the genre, therefore my favourite name so far is 'Timeless' because it describes the music that my magazine would include; music that is still popular today. I'd also include artists from the past and make my artist on the front cover look like she's from the 80s; I will do this by having my model wear 'wild' clothing and make the outfit look retro. I'd also want my font to resemble the genre, therefore I will have the masthead in an 'arcade' type font, so that it looks retro. I will also make my cover lines have a cartoon type font, so that it reflects the fun, quirky style of my magazine. I will make sure the setting of the photoshoot links to the genre of my magazine; I'm thinking that I could maybe have a black and white background, with newspaper, or against a brick wall as they are unique settings. I will make sure the mise en scene links to the type of magazine I'm going for so that it looks professional. I will use studio lights also for the same reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment